Two short flights. The first flight was cut short when I discovered that the brake line was wrapped around the risers. It was not something that could be sorted out, without landing. I made a slow 180* turn and set down. The second flight was about 25 minutes and shortened by virga and rain approaching. After landing I watched it build … dissipate and build again. I could have probably stayed up without incident and never felt anything on the surface but ….
The brake line is another matter. I checked the brakes and all lines before and after clip in but the wrap was well beyond the risers. I should have caught it when laying out the wing and will have to be more careful in the future. If I ever have an opportunity to replace lines I will certainly change the color of the black ones. They are hard to see and it’s easy to miss a fouled line.
During the run out I discovered that I was using too much brake pressure. It didn’t seem like that much but after centering the wing I consciously put my hands all the way up and felt the wing accelerate and move forward. I let the trike roll and pick up speed for another 30 feet and then when I touched the brakes, it rotated immediately. Perhaps that explains the long take off runs I’ve been experiencing.
Last week I spotted a lonely little lenticular cloud below a bunch of circulnumbus. I don’t know what caused it but it was worth taking a shot.