Blade Days

A bout of Bronchitis and some inclement weather has grounded me so I’ve used the time to refinish and balance the blades.

Instead of spar varnish I’ve decided to try a “primer and paint”, in the can. To make it pretty, I selected a vintage gold finish, top coated with clear gloss.

There were a few good dings on the leading edge that I had planned to fill but after sanding they were small enough that I decided to let them be or perhaps cover with prop tape.

Three coats of gold were applied, (2 cans), and one can of clear gloss. I wish now that I had weighed the prop before and after. The manufacturer told me there would not be much after the finish had cured. I hope not.

Author: JoeO

Powered Paraglider pilot since 2005

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s