It was blowing 8 to 10 when I got to the field. The heavy snow from Monday had melted making it a little muddy but I thought it was doable. I tied a bridal to the C lines in the middle of the right side of the wing. The camera would come up and swing into the lines every time. It was hard to tell if I had enough tether to get the camera flying in the right spot without going into the prop, but it looked right.
The launch was a mess. The wind, that had been blowing hard, came down dramatically. I set up the wing and took great care to prevent the camera from crossing any lines. Well, … while I was setting up, the wind shifted. I wasn’t aware of it because, (like a dummy), I’d put up the wind sock by the truck instead of out where I could see it from the trike. Needless to say the wing came up hard to the left and I had to abort. I reset in nil wind.and blew it again because the wind had come up from the wrong direction just as I started my run. This happened one more time before the wind settled down and I was able to get up.
I could see that the camera was flying off my right shoulder but I could also see that it was swinging left. and right. The are was mixing and bumpy so maybe that was it.
When I got home and viewed the video the camera was positioned well but the swing was not acceptable.
Maybe Mike will have an idea when I visit him on Sat.